Monday, September 17, 2007

Hillary's Health Plan

I am intensely interested in Hillary's health care plan -- but so far, I can't make heads or tails of it.

I am a single, childless, self-employed white, middle-class male. I have a beard and a paunch. I am the last person anyone in this country will ever care about. I would like to know how Hillary's plan affects me, but I can't figure it out at all from what it on her Web site. I make enough to eat, but not enough to afford a house. I fall in-between where your average American is supposed to be and frankly, my health has suffered because I cannot afford health insurance right now. I'll spare you the details. I was able to afford it early in my freelance career, when I was under the auspices of COBRA, but when it rose to more than $400/month sometime around 2003 -- and that was without prescription coverage -- I had to drop out. I especially had to drop out when I moved from New Hampshire across the river to Ogunquit, Maine -- only about 20 miles -- and my premium suddenly went up to $680/month. For no reason other than that I lived in a different state. Some politician told me something about the "spiral of death," but fuck them.

So where the hell does Hillary's plan leave me? I won't vote for her until I know. Now -- fuck -- I have to go dig it out. Why can't she just tell me??

"I don't understand it. All we're trying to do is destroy everything.”
--
Johnny Rotten, after EMI released them from their record contract

No comments: